Friday 16 August 2013

Current Top Young Adult Series | A Little Bit of Literature

I'm a massive fan of reading and if I'm not blogging or doing some work for uni I generally have a my head buried in my kindle. Today, I wanted to do a little post on my top "young adult" & supernatural book series. I love reading a series of books because I always find myself wanting more when I've finished one novel, and below you will find my top 3 series. They are marketed as "young adult" but I think their is an unnecessary division between the adult and young adult sections. It's quite easy for an adult to enjoy a YA books, and vice versa. 

1) Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent

Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent link
My top series would have to be the "Soul Screamers" Series of books by Rachel Vincent. I have read all of them so far, and am eagerly awaiting the release of the final book next year. They are really easy reads, and quite original. The supernatural theme is everywhere at the moment but I must admit this is the first book series that I've found about Banshees. The plot has some brilliant twists and turns. The series starts with My Soul to Take, and finishes with "With All My Soul" which come out on March 19th 2013.

2) Vampire Academy by  Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, link.
I love this series, and other than Twilight I think it's the only series I've read from start to finish. While the Vampire Academy has finished, the author has written a 'spin off' series which follows an alchemist rather than the vampires in the original series.  This series can appeal to any age, at least I think so and it's a brilliant combination of romance and action. I love a good love story don't get me wrong but it was refreshing to reading something that wasn't "I love you" or something similarly redundant every other sentence.  

3) The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater, link
I love adore this series, and am planning to start the last of the trio soon. It's a series about wolves, but it's not the typical werewolf story. I've never read anything like this which is brilliant.  It's a nice, unique story and really easy to read. One thing I adore about this series is the change of narration from chapter to chapter. It's brilliant to hear from different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment