Saturday 18 January 2014

Books I Have Re-Read!

I am not usually one for re-reading novels. Once I'm done with it, I'm done. I sometimes find re reading to be boring even if the book is fantastic. The ones I've mentioned here are the few that I can re-read and enjoy. I won't stop at the count I have now because no matter how many times I read them I still can't stop turning the page. 

The Twilight Series is an easy read for me. It's nice to get lost in something familiar that it cute, unangsty and loveable. It was the first book I even really feel in love with and I'll keep going back. I will admit that the first and final books aren't my favourite but New Moon and Eclipse and pretty good (minus the editing errors and sometimes strange, verbose or overly simply writing). 

The Host is my favourite book of all time. I have a few pages here and there marked out that I sometimes read but in full I've only read it 2 and 1/2 times. It's a great read, and if you ignore the idea that it's about aliens and by the author of Twilight I think you will enjoy it. It's nothing like Twilight and the writing is a lot better and the story more mature. 

The Fault in Our Stars is a book I go to when I want to feel  all of the feels. I sometimes skip to specific sections but in full I've read it twice. It's a great book to laugh and cry. It's written well and a quick read too. 

The Hunger Games series are amazing books. I love to re-read these before going to see the movies so I can't wait for the re reading of Mockingjay. They are well written with a good story/plot and characters. I find them to have a range of emotions and even though they are dystopian novels you can really imagine the world they are set in.

 

13 comments:

  1. I love reading. I also enjoy re-reading if it is after a gap of few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do love the Twighlight Series! I haven't re-read yet but they are a set I would definitely read again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've found some books that you enjoy enough to read again. I have some personal favourites too that I could just read again and again.
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent read any of those once yet , i am afraid i have neglected my kindle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hunger games and have reread them many times but I do love finding new books

    http://alicemegan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must give the Hunger Games a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine says the Twilight books are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm half way through The Fault of Our Stars and LOVING it... so easy to read

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hunger games trilogy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are the film adaptations true to the books?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like re-reading Terry Pratchett's books - they're very easy to read and not heavy going, which helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catching Fire adaptation is VERY true to the book, huge parts of speech are lifted straight from the book. Slight alterations are made as obviously the books are all from Katniss's point of view and there are other events that need attention.

    Finished The Fault in our Stars - very much looking forward to that film :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to read The Host next... I still don't understand what you see in Twilight!

    ReplyDelete